Wrapping a cloth-like object around a hard object

Hello, I would like to wrap a cloth-like object around another soild object. Both objects are made of a number of triangles.I would like to do in such a way that cloth does not go inside the solid object. How could that be done? Some tips will be highly appreciated.

I don’t how to do this, but I think you can use a physical engine (like Bullets) to achieve this. Bullets manages soft body wrapped arount a solid object. Hope it’s help :wink:

Hi, I never used physical engine. Could you let me know how can I use it?

Sorry, I’m not an expert in Bullets Physics, I suggest you to start reading papers and tutorials on Bullet Real-Time Physics Simulation | Home of Bullet and PyBullet: physics simulation for games, visual effects, robotics and reinforcement learning. and ask on the bullets forum.
I don’t know what result you want… You can model your “cloth” and draw it as a solid body over the first object, depends on your need for animations and physics.

I would like to wrap a cloth-like object around another soild object. Both objects are made of a number of triangles.I would like to do in such a way that cloth does not go inside the solid object.
You could compute the convex hull of the vertices making up the original object. That would give you a tight skin effect. Google ‘convex hull’ for more info. I think you can download code for free to do it.

Could you bit a more elaborate about how the deformable sheet will wrap around the solid object without penetrating into it?