Fatal crashes in Celestia using Intel HD4000

Hi,

This is my first visit here, so apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I’ve been experiencing some crashes (described here: http://shatters.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16917) when using the openGL program Celestia.
I’m running Celestia in Windows 7 using openGL 2.0 with the latest Intel HD4000 graphics (provided in the Ivy Bridge chipset).

I personally don’t believe these problems to be an issue with openGL in general, but rather with the specific implementation in that chipset. (as other Celestia users using older hardware and OS’s have not reported this issue.)
However, while talking with Intel support, they referred me to this forum, so I thought I would post the information here as well, in case anyone here has any insight into the issue, or is able to replicate the problem.

Currently, this issue has been referred to Intel’s “Research” department, however any insights from forum members here regarding openGL compatibility with the new HD4000 chipset may well be invaluable in getting to the bottom of this.

Regards
CC

ps. Details of my config (from System Information in the Driver):

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Report Date: 6/2/2012
Report Time[hh:mm:ss]: 08:37:23
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2696
Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1(6.1.7601)
Default Language: English (New Zealand)
DirectX* Version: 11.0
Physical Memory: 8079 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 1696 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 151 MB
Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Speed: 3510 MHz
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 0162
Device Revision: 09

• Processor Graphics Information *

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Video BIOS: 2124.0
Current Graphics Mode: 1920 by 1080

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.