Bloxorz game in OpenGL.

Hi friends,

I am trying to develop the Bloxorz game in OpenGL.
Please see this link Bloxorz | Games

To do that I have draw the squares floor and a rectangle on top of it.
By I have trouble starting this. I mean I can’t figure out how can I draw the floor like in 3d and a rectangular cube thing.This is a small assignment given to me that will change my life . I have only 3 days to do. please help.

Please guide me.
I have googled this item , but haven’t got anything.

Hello srikanth,

i’m not sure what you want exactly. Do you need good resources to lern OpenGL? Do you have specific questions about the implementation? The physics? The animation? Do you want someone to do your homework? Do you have OpenGL experiance? Programming experiance?

This is a small assignment given to me that will change my life . I have only 3 days to do. please help.

I’m going to help you with your homework this time only because you don’t have much time left. :slight_smile:

First you noticed the game is written in flash, so you will need a Flash2OpenGL converter. Try google this and there must be some free ones. After you convert it to OpenGL code, then you need an OpenGL kombiler. Try again google for a good one. If you cannot find try yahoo.com, otherwise you will have to buy one for free :D. Kood Lack!

First you noticed the game is written in flash, so you will need a Flash2OpenGL converter. Try google this and there must be some free ones. After you convert it to OpenGL code, then you need an OpenGL kombiler. Try again google for a good one. If you cannot find try yahoo.com, otherwise you will have to buy one for free :D. Kood Lack!

This is one of the most worthless and incorrect answer I’ve read since I registered in this forum - no, in any forum.

I agree. :whistle:

[QUOTE=menzel;1238193]Hello srikanth,

i’m not sure what you want exactly. Do you need good resources to lern OpenGL? Do you have specific questions about the implementation? The physics? The animation? Do you want someone to do your homework? Do you have OpenGL experiance? Programming experiance?[/QUOTE]

I am a beginner to OpenGL and have done simple things like displaying a window using glut and drawing some primitives like triangle,rectangle etc in 2d. I want to draw a 3d floor , But don't know how to do it.

You might want to look at up-to-date OpenGL tutorials then:

[ul]
[li]http://www.arcsynthesis.org/gltut/ by Jason L. McKesson[/li][li]An intro to modern OpenGL. Table of Contents by Jeo Groff[/li][/ul]
And maybe a good graphics book in case the 3D math and transformations confuse you, Real-Time Rendering by Akenine-Möller iser very good (http://www.amazon.com/Real-Time-Rendering-Third-Edition-Akenine-Moller/dp/1568814240/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338536440&sr=8-1).

Hi , I want to design the floor of the bloxorz game in photoshop. is it a good idea to design the entire floor as one bmp file and load it ? If so I don’t know how to create this floor in photoshop. can anyone please guide me?

Yes, you can design your levels in PS by representing one block of the level as one pixel, e.g. white is set, black is a missing block, red is a button, etc. just color code the functionality. This would be a small image file however.

I want to design the floor of the bloxorz game in photoshop.

This is very easy game to design in OpenGL. Everything will be 3D, including the floor blocks.
It’s not very hard to create a box in 3D and texture it.

Then, just use camera projection that looks isometric.