Open GL Wolfenstein .

Im having issues playing WOLFENSTEIN ENEMY TERRITORY , my computer was just fixed a couple days ago and i think the guy removed my video card too because i went on the NVDIA website and it said it couldnt find my graphics card . I dont know a thing about computers im just wondering what i can do to fix this issue , any help ? This is the message i recieve ------> ET 2.55 win-x86 May 27 2003
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\pak0.pk3 (3725 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1\etmain\mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)
C:\PROGRA~1\WOLFEN~1/etmain

3729 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
couldn’t exec language.cfg
couldn’t exec autoexec.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
…detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III
Bypassing CD checks
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- R_Init -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem
…initializing QGL
…calling LoadLibrary( ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\opengl32.dll’ ): succeeded
…setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
…using desktop display depth of 32
…calling CDS: ok
…registered window class
…created window@0,0 (800x600)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 32, 24, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (4)
…setting mode 4: 800 600 FS
…using colorsbits of 16
…calling CDS: ok
…created window@0,0 (800x600)
Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…35 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings
…WARNING: could not set the given mode (3)
…shutting down QGL
…unloading OpenGL DLL
…assuming ‘3dfxvgl’ is a standalone driver
…initializing QGL
…WARNING: missing Glide installation, assuming no 3Dfx available
…shutting down QGL
----- CL_Shutdown -----
RE_Shutdown( 1 )

GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

pls and thanks

i think the guy removed my video card too because i went on the NVDIA website and it said it couldnt find my graphics card

I think that’s the place to start. Do you, or don’t you, have the same video card. If not what do you have now?
You’ll have to either:

1. Open the PC and have a look
  2. Call the guy who ‘repaired’ the PC and ask him

I dont have anything , even when i go to device manager it doesnt say “display adaptor”

This is what my directX diagnostic tool says -->the system is using the generic video driver . Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer . Direct 3D functionality not available . You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer .

i think the guy removed my video card too because i went on the NVDIA website and it said it couldnt find my graphics card

Well can you tell use what is written on the card ?
It is not always obvious but anything could help. I think if you can not find drivers for it, you will have to go buy a replacement card that suits your computer.

well i have microsoft windows xp professional 5.1 build 2600
Dell Inc manufacturer and vostro 200 system model .
Also Intel® Celeron ® CPU 420 @ 1.60 GHz .
Does this info help ?

“Dell Vostro 200” : this does not tell much about the video card.
Searching the web about this model I saw that it was 5 years old, had different video cards (sometimes intel, sometimes nvidia, sometimes ATI/AMD), and even different cases (smaller ones can not hold an extra video card).

So, hard to help you more from here unless you provide more info about “the video card that was removed”, and what do you have now as graphic chipset. Installing the correct driver will surely be enough for Wolf:ET, this game is not too demanding.

It doesnt say i have a graphics card installed at all though , but last time i had a videocard i think it had somthing to do with nvidia because i saw it in my programs folder . Do you know of a driver i could install that would be compatible ?

Its fixed now…

I would be a good idea to post how you fixed it, for others having same the kind of problem.

` For anyone having this problem on a dell computer , just go here http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd and apply all “urgent” downloads .