FSAA application and device settings

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any way to detect FSAA status that the user sets on the graphics adapter settings from within our windows application.

We are doing selection using color coded ID and when FSAA is enabled we get wrong results.

Even if there is no way to control it, maybe there is a way to disable it for a while?

Thanks,

Alberto

Does FSAA also gets applied when creating your own FBO without any multisampling ?

Hi Zbuffer,

Yes, it is.

I don’t think that’s the case.
I think you’ve misunderstood ZbuffeR.
He meant creating a framebuffer object and attaching a simple texture to it as color attachment (a texture with no multisampling). That should work no matter the user enables FSAA at the graphics adapter settings.

aqnuep,

Do you mean we should draw on a texture and display it?

Yes, using FBOs. That way it should work no matter what FSAA setting is configured for the default framebuffer by the graphics adapter settings. That’s what ZbuffeR suggested as well.

Interesting, will FPS drop?

Thanks,

Alberto

Should we use this approach only for color coded entity ID pass or always to render our scene?

In the case we use it always we have full control on the FSAA despite of the graphics adapter settings, right?

Thanks,

Alberto

We have noticed that disabling GL_MULTISAMPLE on our ATI GPUs helps removing antialiasing during selection even if it is activated on the Windows graphics adapter settings, will this be true also on all the other GPU/drivers?

Thanks,

Alberto