New extensions in NV 280.18 drivers

New NV 280.18 (beta) drivers come with some new extensions. Can anyone give us a clue what the following extensions might do:

• GL_EXT_import_sync_object,
  • WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear?

Something can be concluded from their names, but any further information would be welcome.

Other questions have nothing in common with the previous, but i don’t want to start a new thread just for that.

• How can we induce a graphics reset in a controllable manner?
  • What type of error (if any) debug output retrieves if a graphics reset occurs?
  • GetGraphicsResetStatusARB() (as a part of GL_ARB_robustness extension) retrieves the current status of the graphics reset state, but where I should call it to ensure that the context states are valid?

WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear is, I believe, the extension that John Carmack has been asking for for some time - sync at framerates > your refresh rate but tear at framerates below it. This is just a guess based on reading a few interviews and putting 2 and 2 together based on it’s name, I’ll admit, but it seems likely.

along these lines, does anyone know what “GL_NV_complex_primitives” is? I have not found a spec for it at the GL registry or at developer.nvidia.com.

GL_POLYGON & co? It must be a GL ES extension

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.