Camera Movement [SOLVED]

Most of the tutorials I’ve come across do not move the camera, instead moving everything in the world, is this how it is done in OpenGL? This is the method I’ve been using in all 2D applications to move the “view” around, but I could have swore I read on one page or another there was a way to move the actual camera coordinates? I noticed a gluLookAt() function, but I can’t seem to use it right. I’ve found a bunch of tutorials on this, but none seem to use this function. There also doesn’t seem to be any on OpenGL.org, I also tried searching the forums but I was unsuccessful. All I’m trying to incorporate is basic movement with the keyboard. I have the input system already created (I use a system that looks like input_check(kb_w) and input_check_pressed(mb_left)). I know this works because I made it on an OpenGL platformer game I made in college last year. So my problem is the camera movement.

Any help is appreciated!!!
Goblin

Most of the tutorials I’ve come across do not move the camera, instead moving everything in the world, is this how it is done in OpenGL?

There is no conceptual difference between “moving a camera” and “moving the world around a camera.” It is simply a question of what you consider to be “fixed” in space.

Just making sure I wasn’t crazy!

Thanks,
Goblin