about GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE_EXT

Hi all,
in WindowsXP machine I am getting GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE_EXT is :-858993460 for the following code.
GLint params;
glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE_EXT,&params);
printf("GL_MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE_EXT is :%d
",params);
and I am unable to render images otherthan 1024*1024. Is it hardware limitation? can any one help me?
In my machine Graphics hardware is Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller.

Remember in your old thread, when I said, “your hardware certainly doesn’t support FBOs?” I wasn’t kidding or making things up.

The 32-bit integer value “-858993460” corresponds to the hexadecimal 0xCCCCCCCC, which is a common value used for uninitialized memory. If you called glGetError() after this, I’m pretty sure that you will get GL_INVALID_ENUM. Because your implementation does not support GL_EXT_framebuffer_object.

Do you mean is this hardware limitation?

Whether the hardware can’t handle it, or that it could handle it but Intel doesn’t provide drivers that expose this functionality on hardware as ancient as yours, I can’t say. What I can say is that your OpenGL implementation does not support GL_EXT_framebuffer_object. So you cannot use it, no matter which reason it is.

Thank you.

Either install some Linux distro since these come with fully featured drivers or buy El cheapo card like a Geforce 8 or 9. Or use the old and difficult to use p-buffer (that’s what games like Doom3 and Enemy Territory do).