New extensions in NVidia GL driver 270.40

Interesting. Installed the CUDA 4.0rc2 driver tonight, and just happened to notice a bunch of new extensions, many pulled over from GLES-land, but some not. Anyone got more info on the NV_* extensions?

[ul][li]ARB_shading_language_include[]EXT_texture_compression_dxt1[]EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888[]EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV[]NV_alpha_test - ???[]NV_blend_minmax - ???[]NV_complex_primitives - ???[]NV_fbo_color_attachments - ???[]NV_fragdepth - ???[]NV_texture_lod_clamp - ???[]OES_depth24 []OES_depth32[]OES_depth_texture[]OES_element_index_uint []OES_fbo_render_mipmap[]OES_get_program_binary[]OES_mapbuffer []OES_packed_depth_stencil[]OES_rgb8_rgba8 []OES_standard_derivatives[]OES_texture_3D[]OES_texture_float []OES_texture_float_linear[]OES_texture_half_float []OES_texture_half_float_linear[]OES_texture_npot []OES_vertex_array_object[*]OES_vertex_half_float[/ul][/li]
Note: this is on a mere GTX285. So there may be other goodies lurking for Fermis that I can’t see on this box.

The ARB_shading_language_include is about GLSL or CG?

The ARB_shading_language_include is about GLSL or CG?

It’s ARB, and they don’t use CG.

I don’t even know why I ask that.

I was excited as much as you about a month and a half ago, when I saw those extensions for the first time, but then all enthusiasm gone when I found out what those extensions are about.

None of them are actually useful for desktop GL. They are all for Tegra.
Specs for those extensions are not available yet, or I’m not informed about. :slight_smile:

For example NV_complex_primitives returns QUADS as a primitive type.

So these are OpenGL ES extensions.

It makes sense NVIDIA release OpenGL extensions to work with its mobile processor !!!