GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_DIMENSIONS_EXT warning?

Hi all,
I’m quite new to pure OpenGL programming and actually this particular question comes from a cross-platform game SDK I’m using called ShiVa 3D which implements OpenGL… Whenever I open the ShiVa editor I see the warning “GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_DIMENSIONS_EXT”, and unfortunately no one on the ShiVa forums seems to know what the cause might be. What does this message mean exactly? All my textures are power-of-two dimensions, and that’s the only potential solution to this warning message that random googling has led me to…

thanks,
ccj

edit: some further experimentation shows that no single model in the environment appears to be the cause-- removing them one by one (twice, alternating which was removed last) didn’t make any difference until they were all gone and the environment was empty except for a light source entity. Removing only the light source entity also stops the warning, so I’m not quite sure what to make of this… is there a problem with my light source entity or might there be some problem with any (or all?) the models it casts light on?

Framebuffer is used for offscreen rendering. This error occurs when checking for errors in a framebuffer. Probably when attaching some buffer or texture do the framebuffer that has dimension 0 or any other invalid value. You gonna need to look where from this error comming from since this has nothing to do with external textures.

Framebuffer Object

Probably when attaching some buffer or texture do the framebuffer that has dimension 0 or any other invalid value.

No, GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_DIMENSIONS_EXT happens when you’re using a framebuffer object and the attached images do not have the same width/height. This is a limitation of the EXT version of FBO only; the ARB version doesn’t have this limitation.

If this is associated with a light, then I’m guessing you’re doing some form of shadow-mapping with that light (hence the need for the FBO)? If so, then either you or ShiVa are setting up the FBO incorrectly.