OpenGL and Composite

Hello everyone,

I am facing a specific problem which is driving me nuts. I am trying to setup an OpenGL application that allows me to display a windows system by redirecting other application windows. Pretty much very similar to compiz.

But after fews days trying to find out a way, I haven’t had any progress. I am not even sure I may redirect windows that are not under direct control of my application (which is not a problem but could be a nice feature). Does anyone know somewhere I may look at or recommend to read? Any hint is appreciated.

Cheers.

P.S: The goal is pretty much to setup a minimal desktop with windows under a full screen OGL application. Composite seems the way to go but having hard time to get correct information on it.

A minimalist X11/OpenGL server/screen where you can remotely display X11/GLX programs using

export DISPLAY=IP_ADRESS:0.0

?

Or ssh -X <machinename> “gl_application”. ssh will set up the necessary X forwarding, even if X display access protections are enabled.

If this isn’t what you want to do, please describe a specific use case in terms of PCs, their OSs, and applications on those OSs. Your description is pretty vague.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.