glDrawElements does not uses per index uv/normal!

I’m trying to draw a textured triangulated indexed quad using glDrawElements but failed with distortion. My verts,norms and uv data all worked correctly with glBegin/glEnd. Upon tweaking, I found that it only worked if input uvs/norms array are poly based(4 pts) instead of per indices of 2 triangles(6 pts). Did i missed something? Here’s my failed python code.

glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
    glTexCoordPointer(2,GL_FLOAT,0,self.uvRef);

glEnableClientState(GL_NORMAL_ARRAY);
    glNormalPointerf(self.normsRef);

glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
    glVertexPointerf(self.vertsRef);

#glDrawElementsus(GL_TRIANGLES,self.indicesRef); Both not working
    glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,self.indicesSize,GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT,self.indicesRef); 

Heres my working glBegin/End inserted before hack:

glBegin(GL_TRIANGLES);
    for i in range(self.indicesSize):
      index=self.indicesRef[i];
      glTexCoord2f(self.uvRef[i][0],self.uvRef[i][1]);
      glNormal3f(self.normsRef[i][0],self.normsRef[i][1],self.normsRef[i][2]);       
      glVertex3f(self.vertsRef[index][0],self.vertsRef[index][1],self.vertsRef[index][2]);
    glEnd();

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Hi,
The second parameter is the total number of indices for the whole mesh you are drawing. If the total number of triangles in your mesh are N then this will be 3*N since every triangle has 3 indices. Could u double check the size of the array.

Moreover, could u try to use the same functions for assigning the Vertex and Normals as you are using for texture coord.

glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);
glTexCoordPointer(2,GL_FLOAT,0,self.uvRef);

glEnableClientState(GL_NORMAL_ARRAY);
glNormalPointer(3, GL_FLOAT,0,self.normsRef);

glEnableClientState(GL_VERTEX_ARRAY);
glVertexPointer(3, GL_FLOAT,0,self.vertsRef);
glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLES,self.indicesSize,GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT,self.indicesRef);

See if this helps,
Mobeen

Just realized that my indices are vertex array relative thus normals/uvs that are not shared will not work. My fault, sorry :o
Hmm… does this mean that basic opengl array drawing does not support shared vertices with unwrapped uv?