Updating OpenGL

i have intel g33/g31 express chipset family. im trying to play a game called magic the gathering tactics. and it tells me that i need opengl 2.1 or newer. how do i find and download this?

First, the proper place for your post is the “User Hardware, Software, & Gaming Help” section. There’s even a thread that answers your question, though probably not in the way you would like.

Second, you “download this” by downloading and installing Intel’s display drivers. If you have already done so, then there’s little more you can do and the game simply won’t work for your hardware.

This is exactly why Intel need better OpenGL support… D3D only doesn’t really cut it now that there are popular games using OpenGL!

I heard Intel actually have decent GL drivers on Linux, better than on Windows.

It’s not like it could be much worse…

“There Shall be no Bottom: A Bad Play for Worse Actors”
no bottom for worse :smiley:

My experience with the GMA900 has been pretty abysmal, performance is shocking even with flat colour scenes. Not sure what I have installed drivers-wise.

Wrong: this are completely different drivers, Linux implementation suffers from some issues and limitations of mesa, thinks look better on windows here.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.