OpenGL Superbible 5th ed. Problem with "Move"

So, I’m in chapter 2 and got the first triangle program ran fine with no errors or warning. But when I get to the Move program (moving a square with the keyboard) I get a an error:

Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ‘freeglut_static.lib’ Move Move

But if I copy and paste my code into the triangle project it runs but gives me 6 warnings (warnings at the bottom of this post).

Every come across this problem before?

Warning 1 warning LNK4098: defaultlib ‘LIBCMT’ conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library Triangle Triangle

Warning 2 warning LNK4099: PDB ‘vc90.pdb’ was not found with ‘…\SB5\VisualStudio2008\GLTools\Release\gltools.lib’ or at ‘c:\Users\Brad\Desktop\OpenGL Superbible\Triangle\Debug\vc90.pdb’; linking object as if no debug info gltools.lib Triangle

Warning 3 warning LNK4099: PDB ‘vc90.pdb’ was not found with ‘…\SB5\VisualStudio2008\GLTools\Release\gltools.lib’ or at ‘c:\Users\Brad\Desktop\OpenGL Superbible\Triangle\Debug\vc90.pdb’; linking object as if no debug info gltools.lib Triangle

Warning 4 warning LNK4099: PDB ‘vc90.pdb’ was not found with ‘…\SB5\VisualStudio2008\GLTools\Release\gltools.lib’ or at ‘c:\Users\Brad\Desktop\OpenGL Superbible\Triangle\Debug\vc90.pdb’; linking object as if no debug info gltools.lib Triangle

Warning 5 warning LNK4099: PDB ‘vc90.pdb’ was not found with ‘…\SB5\VisualStudio2008\GLTools\Release\gltools.lib’ or at ‘c:\Users\Brad\Desktop\OpenGL Superbible\Triangle\Debug\vc90.pdb’; linking object as if no debug info gltools.lib Triangle

Warning 6 warning LNK4099: PDB ‘vc90.pdb’ was not found with ‘…\SB5\VisualStudio2008\GLTools\Release\gltools.lib’ or at ‘c:\Users\Brad\Desktop\OpenGL Superbible\Triangle\Debug\vc90.pdb’; linking object as if no debug info gltools.lib Triangle

Ok, I got it running (I had forgotten to add the freeglut_static.lib and gltools.lib to my project). Still getting those 6 warnings though, and I’m curious about those.

When static library is build in visual studio, a program debug database file ([vc80,vc90].pdb) is build depending on your version. If u add the static lib to your project, make sure you also put the generated pdb file in the same folder. This will resolve these linker errors. Details http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/33334377/-warning-lnk4099-pdb-vc80pdb-was-not-found.aspx