Best OpenGL Game Engine?

Hi,

I’ve been searching the net trying to find the answer to this. I’ve been working on mods for ArmA II and been extremely fed up with the pitfalls of the game. My question is, what would you guys say is the best First Person Shooter game engine out there? Best as in best physics (bullet trajectories, collision detection, etc.), not graphics. ArmA II actually boast some pretty weak graphics (and ironically enough, pretty weak framerates):

Real Virtuality 3 Engine

ArmA II

I’ve been looking into purchasing a copy of the C4 Engine and giving actual game development a shot, but I want to get opinions on whether or not I’d run into barriers due to inferior product. Is it possible that the large-scale commercial engines have greater capabilities? Will I not be able to create bullet drop, destructible buildings, or lifelike animations due to limitations?

Any input is appreciated.

If you are more into physics, use a physics engine, like Bullet.
Not sure ArmA2 mods can use external libs though.

I was speculating about the creation of an entire game, though. Bullet still requires an engine for everything else, right?

I know the C4 engine uses it, though. Would you think this is the best physics engine? I know Unity incorporates PhysX.