#version 120
attribute vec3 position;
attribute vec3 normal;
uniform mat4 matWorldViewProjection;
void main()
{
        gl_Position = matWorldViewProjection * vec4(position, 1.0);
}

And it worked. Than I wanted to start adding other stuff, but immediately ran into problem. This one doesn’t work:

#version 120
attribute vec3 position;
attribute vec3 normal;
varying vec3 n;
void main()
{
        n = normal;
}

It gives no error on compilation and linking, but nothing gets rendered.
I narrowed down the problem to vertex shader with my app and then switched to Render Monkey to work on this specific problem. It all started yesterday when I got Radeon 2600XT instead of Radeon X550 and installed new drivers - Catalyst 10.11. I had a working diffuse shader with texturing, but it stopped working with a new card/driver and that’s why I started writing it from scratch - to see what’s really happening there.

Fragment shader is trivial too:

#version 120
void main()
{
        gl_FragColor = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0);
}

Any ideas? I have run out of them.

Does it works if you keep gl_Position at the last line ? Something like :

#version 120
attribute vec3 position;
attribute vec3 normal;
varying vec3 n;
void main()
{
        n = normal;
}

Thanks for the interest. I did try that, but unfortunately it doesn’t change anything. Another thing I tried, as someone from gamedev forum suggested, is to add ‘varying vec3 v;’ to the fragment shader.

Shader does work when I use ftransform(). But I need more flexibility than that.

I bet you did not setup your ‘position’ attribute properly. Did you set the attribute location to 0 (glBindAttributeLocation), did a re-link of the shader, then use glVertexAttribPointer(0,…) and glEnableVertexAttribArray(0) ?

I checked the glGetError after glBindAttribLocation and got GL_INVALID_VALUE. Why would 0 be an invalid value?

Not sure how Render Monkey implements setup of attributes, but I did it this way:

-initialize buffer for vertices
-compile shaders
-glBindAttribLocation(program, 0, “position”);
-link shader program
-bind buffer
-glEnableVertexAttribArray(0);
-glVertexAttribPointer(0, 3, GL_FLOAT, GL_FALSE, 0, BUFFER_OFFSET(0));
-glDrawElements

Is that a right sequence? Why did you mention relinking of the program? Is it really necessary to relink?

I’ve just tried it on nvidia’s GeForce 310M and it works just fine.

And yes sir, you ware right. I was binding the attribute location before calling glCreateProgram.

Now I just need figure out how I managed to replicate the problem in Render Monkey.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.