Game Programming

Hello everyone.
i was interested in Game Programming.i heard quite a lot about Maya.i was wondering if anyone could please help.

1)How exactly are the models developed using Maya made use of in games?and how are they accessed and used by the game engines?

2)Basically, OpenGL or D3D(or other graphic rendering APIs) render the models created by Maya.Am i right about that?

3)what are all the things that we need to design our own game engine?

4)how much of a game depends on programming?

Thanks in advance.

3)what are all the things that we need to design our own game engine?

You need to ask yourself a question: do you want to develop a game? Or do you want to develop a game engine?

If you want to make a game, I suggest you avail yourself of the innumerable free and/or cheap tools available for doing so. Either piecemeal (combining different tools) or whole (an all-in-one solution).

If you want to make a game engine, then I would suggest thinking about the problem for a while. Games render stuff, so you will need a way to render stuff. Games play sounds, so you will need a way to play sounds. Once you get past that, keep thinking about what you need, and write that.

4)how much of a game depends on programming?

How much of filming a movie depends on a working camera? How much of an orchestra depends on functioning instruments?

These things don’t guarantee success. A camera alone doesn’t make a good movie. But you can’t have a movie at all without a camera.

Thanks Alfonse Reinheart.

dude that reply was awesome…close to what we wanted…makes stuff kinda clear…thnx alfonse :smiley: