problems with improper resource cleanup

I recently added multiple render targets to my engine, i also use 16x multisampling. Everything works fine until i quit and try to restart the app. If i enable multisampling i get a opengl error dialogue box that says:

Your hardware configuration does not meet the minimum specifications needed to run the application. The application must close.
please visit etc…

Eventhough it worked fine on the first run. At this point if i restart my pc i can get it working again, until i quit and try to run it again. So i’m guessing that by restarting my pc i’m clearing out the video ram or anything else that still might be resident so the cause of the issue is improper resource cleanup. Ii’ve made sure i deleted all my textures, framebuffers, vbos, vaos etc etc. And whouldn’t the driver clean up any leftovers when the glcontext is destroyed anyways?

All my buffers reports that they are complete and without errors.
Another note of interest is that i only get this error when i render to more than one buffer at once using gldrawbuffers and if i use 16x msaa, if i use 8x msaa or lower or just render to one target there are no errors.

Your hardware configuration does not meet the minimum specifications needed to run the application.

AFAIK, OpenGL itself doesn’t display error dialog boxes. Is that something in your code displaying the dialog or maybe are you using some middleware/wrapper over OpenGL?

It seems like an issue with your drivers by the way, so you should rather post your thread to the OpenGL drivers forum with info on your setup (gears, OS, driver version) or fill a bug with your drivers vendor.

Regards,

The dialogue box is from the nvidia opengl driver. So it’s probably a driver issue. The fbo that i’m using is a 16x MSAA RGBA16f at 1920x1080 with 2 render attachments. If i drop the resolution down i don’t have any problems. But because of what i’m doing i have to render at 1080p with 16x msaa.