GLUX library

GLUX stands for OpenGL Useful eXtensions. It provides basic functionality such as texture loading, shader compiling and mathematic operations on matrices, vectors and quaternions. Consider it the OpenGL equivalent of Microsoft’s D3DX library.
GLUX is released under the BSD license. For more information, see COPYRIGHT.txt.

The code is written in a portable style, and has been tested with Microsoft Visual Studio and gcc. It was tested under Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, linux and FreeBSD.
In order to build the GLUX library, the following libraries need to be installed on the system (the development version, if applicable):

• OpenGL (or compatible, such as MesaGL)
  • GLU
  • GLEW
  • FreeImage
  • CML

GLUX provides some basic datastructures and helper functions/wrappers to make OpenGL more accessible. There are helpers for texture loading, shader loading, compiling and linking, and basic mathematics (vectors, matrices and quaternions).
GLUX also provides an interface for reference-counting and a template for wrapping OpenGL resources into reference-counted objects with automatic cleanup.
GLUX is designed as a stand-alone API, and can be used by anyone who wants to develop their own OpenGL framework, but doesn’t want to re-invent the wheel for loading textures, shaders and such, or for basic maths.

The project can be found on SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/glux/

i can’t check sourceforge at work, but hasn’t glux been around since the early 2000s?

That was gluX, which afaik has been dead for about 2 years now.
This is a new project, using a similar name because I thought it is easiest to remember and describes the contents best (the name being a combination of GLU/GLUT and D3DX).

In theory I could either rename it, or merge the remnants of gluX with my code (not sure why though, gluX seems to be long superceded by GLEW).

At any rate, none of that matters when nobody cares about the project anyway. So at this point it is useless to debate names.