Overlay problem

hii,

can any one tell me is there any openGL driver need to be installed for overlay underlay planes to run in vc++.

On what card?

If you read NVidia’s driver README.txt, you’ll find that on NVidia, overlay planes only work on Quadros (excluding NVS), and with a lot of limitations/assumptions on use with other features.

So in general, your average Joe Blow gamer isn’t gonna have these, on an NVidia card.

Your average CAD guy? Maybe.

Hi…
can u plz tell me wt s that quadros exactly??..and wt are al dose limitatios or assumptions tat u r telling abt…can u plz clear m out…

Go here: www.nvidia.com and select Products->Quadro. Quadro is NVidia’s professional line of graphics cards. Like FireGL for AMD/ATI IIRC.

Hii!!
I searched abt dat quadros, and found that NVIDIA Quadro FX series support overlay planes…and u saying that other than NVs all do support this concept??..or s only the quardo fx series gonna support?? plz let m know if it s dat so…

Don’t know for sure. I haven’t used overlay planes since waaay back on SGIs. An ATI and/or Intel user will have to chime in here if they do and on what boards. On the AMD site, “opengl overlay planes” is mentioned:

…or s only the quardo fx series gonna support??

Again, I have no first hand information, but the NVidia driver README says overlay planes supported by all Quadros except Quadro NVS.

hii…
thanku 4 ur kind information…i vl go thrugh tis …bt can u plz tell me how can i download the total package of openGL…which supports all api’s…??

Please, do not post the same question multiple times, just continue here about how to download complete OpenGL package.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.