vertex coordinates

Hi All,

Sorry for my English…

I’m new to OpenGL and I study it from several books.
There is something I’m not understand and I’ll appreciate your help. When I want to draw real life vertices do I pass to glVertex3f the real worl coordinates or eye coordiantes (after I do the transformation myself) because I aslo need to specify the viewing volume and the viewing volume is in eye coordinates. What I’m trying to say is how can I specify viewing volume with respect to eye coordinates when when my object (or vertices) are in world coordinates?

Thank u in advance
Eyal

Transform the bounding box coordinates using the same view matrix.

You need to pass object vertices in world coordinates and let openGL pipeline do the rest by specifying the model-view matrix.

The BB transformation is something u can do in software and it’s cheap. Unless u want to view it, u may pass it in world coords as well.

Have OpenGL 3.0? Use transform feedback.

Thank u for your answer
I don’t want to calculate BB…I’m trying to avoid it.
You wrote :
“You need to pass object vertices in world coordinates and let openGL pipeline do the rest by specifying the model-view matrix.”

it’s ok by me but who I’ll know the clipping plane coordinates since its in eye coordinates and not world coordinates so I might cull objects that I won’t want them to be culled. Am I right?

Thank u in advance
Eyal