Anyone here have an Radeon 5k series card?

I am wondering what the state of ATI’s drivers are for OpenGL 3.2 on their latest driver 9.12? Buggy? All of GL3.2 supported?

Thanks

The Cat 9.12s claim 9.12 support. And you can get the entrypoints, at least. But I haven’t tried out any of the actual features.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=556600
Haven’t been able to test 3.2 on the RHD2xxx here yet.

I don’t have a 5xxx card but I do have a 4850 card with GL 3.2 drivers. My deferred rendering engine does use a lot of advanced extensions - many of which are part of GL3.2 and the drivers seem OK so far (depthStencil framebuffers, float texture formats, stencil operations, etc).

I do not use core 3.2 profile, however…if that was the point of your post then I can’t help.

I have not used any UniformBuffer objects or TextureUniform Objects either.

My deferred rendering engine does use a lot of advanced extensions - many of which are part of GL3.2 and the drivers seem OK so far (depthStencil framebuffers, float texture formats, stencil operations, etc).

Um, none of those are part of 3.2 and only 3.2. Stencil operations have been a part of OpenGL since 1.0. Depth/Stencil framebuffers have been around for years, as have floating-point texture formats.

I was just commenting about the state of the GL drivers in general as I have had several issues with FBOs & depth textures with stencil - it has taken ATI several driver revisions to sort out those issues.