attaching window framebuffer to FBO

Is it possible yet to attach the window framebuffer to a colour attachment of a FBO? (in addition to other texture colour attachments)
I know it doesn’t sound like it would be particularly useful to most applications in these days of the post-process pipeline, but I have my reasons.
I could trawl the specs, but a quick answer would be welcome.

Something does not compute here. You wish to attach the window FBO to another FBO, which doesn’t make sense. You can attach textures or renderbuffers to an FBO but you cannot attach a FBO to a FBO (at least not to the best of my knowlegde).

What you can do is copy the window contents to a texture and attach that - but it’s more efficient to simply use an FBO from the start.

Is it possible yet to attach the window framebuffer to a colour attachment of a FBO? (in addition to other texture colour attachments)

No.

thanks alfonse…what a shame.
stephen, I’m more than familiar with the original FBO spec. My question was if there had subsequently been an extension to the spec to offer this. After all, the window framebuffer is a texture on modern operating systems. We should be able to bind it to save a copy op. My framebuffer’s are friggin immense. HD ain’t the word.

Yep not that off the wall as dx10 generalized device swapchains to interface run of the mill render targets and depth textures.