Vista 64 problem: OpenGL window is transparent.

Hi all,

I wrote a Windows program using OpenGL API, GLUT, GLU, and GLUI.

It works fine under Win XP 32, Vista 32, and Windows 7.

But under Vista 64 the OpenGL area, which is the entire contents of the application window, is empty i.e. transparent, as if no drawing is happening.

Or so I am told. I don’t have a copy of Vista 64 to test it.

Does anyone know how to solve this, short of buying a Vista 64 computer, installing the 64-bit development system and compiling a 64-bit version of my program?

Thanks.

Try disabling aero!

I’ve had this problem on two graphics cards. The Nvidia 9500GT abnd the Nvidia 9800GT. I’ve never been able to find out what the problem is.

My collegue has the exact same pc as me and doesn’t get the transparent background. I’ve been thinking that I must have installed something on my pc that causes this. But Somehow I’ve never been able to pinpoint the culprit.

I hope this helps.

I am also having this problem on vista 64 bit. The code is very short and simple, taken from a textbook so I know the code works. It compiles and runs fine, but the window is transparent.

Any thoughts? Is it a visual studio 2008 + vista 64 issue? Should I try upgrading to 2010 beta? I updated my video drivers and everything.

Same Problem. Running 64bit vista.

Any 64bit program using OpenGl for 3d view ports show up as blank windows.

I updated graphics card drivers. Everything works fine until I restart the computer. Then the problem happens again.
Blank windows for all 64bit software 3d view ports or pop up windows. WTF

I updated graphics card drivers. Everything works fine until I restart the computer.

Strange. Something seem to revert back to previous drivers.
Be sure to install the drivers as privileged user (administrator), and that no antivirus or similar tool is running during install.