Math Book that focus in OpenGL

I know only few topics in linear algebra. They said linear algebra is really needed in 3D.

The latest math that I know is calculus. Can anyone here recommend a book that focuses more on 3D rendering and also in linear algebra?

I don’t know where to post this so I just posted it here.

Thanks
Sarah22

I have read this (some years ago)
3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development
You can find more information on the book site

The bad thing about this book is that all matrix are directX
style, so you have to transpose every matrix and invert every operation order.
It speak about vector, matrix, quaternion, geometric test…ecc…
The only part that I miss is floating point numerical robustness that is used for physics and AI tests.

Luckily I found a good chapter about numerical robustnessin the book “real time collision detection” by Christer Ericson, it speak about collision detection algorithms, Math (a lot of math) and numerical robustness. If you want to create a physics engine is a must.

Hummm, I’m not a big fan of 3D Math Primer … let’s say I believe there are better books for this purpose:

• Essential Mathematics for Games & Interactive Application
  • Mathematics for 3D game programming & computer graphics

I’d echo Groovounet’s recommendation of Essential Mathematics for Games & Interactive Applications. It takes a more practical approach to describing the linear algebra stuff which can make it easier to pick up if you haven’t got a maths degree. :wink:

It’s had a major rewrite for the second edition and now focuses on shader stuff rather than fixed function pipeline.

Me too want to buy a math book I want to decide between “Essential Mathematics for Games & Interactive Applications” and "Geometric Tools for Computer Graphics "Can any one help me please.