3D Model with opaque and non-opaque pixels

Hi All,

I’m rendering 3D Models - textured , in order to render the object correctly i need to enable blending, because the texture as non-opaque pixels. However blending slows down the performance. So one solution could be to split the model object into opaque object and non-opaque object, so two objects.

By doing this, the stripification algorithm will have a poor output. So my doubt is should i enable blending and use a full stripified object, or it’s better to split the model into 2 objects, and just enable blending for the non-opaque object ?

Best Regards,

Victor

Are you using complex or large models?
Blending have an impact only when drawing a lot of pixels.
Ido

Hi,

The models have between 400 and 1000 vertices, some are complex others not.

Thanks,

Victor

Hi,

I asked about the strip problem, however i see a lot of people saying that indexed triangles will have equal performance, due to degenerated triangles added in order to join strips, and also because, normally i’m getting 10 strip per model, so it will give 10 calls. What do you think about it ?

BR,

Victor

Did not know that Victor Hugo is interested in computer graphics… :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to enable blending on opaque parts of your geometry, you do not have may choices except split your object in different subset corresponding to a specific material (opaque or not). This way you can apply different rendering techniques on each subset. I think it is better to do this way rather trying to stripify everything and especially with no more than thousands of vertices.

Ok,

Thanks for the advice.

Just miss the joke with Victor Hugo ? :slight_smile:

BR,

Victor

You are welcome.
Lol, actually Victor Hugo was a famous french writer who lived two centuries ago. :slight_smile:

Ok,

LOL. In portugal it’s a famous hockey player :slight_smile:

BR,

Victor

:smiley: