Troubleshooting 32-bit OpenGL app on 64-bit Win

Dear community!

I am developing a 32-bit OpenGL-based application on 64-bit Windows XP.
Currently I am trying to solve a strange and complicated OpenGL problem related to texturing and involving third-party libs (FreeType2 and FTGL). It seems that it might take me very-very long to find the reason unless I start using some tool like OpenGL debugger.

I have tried an evaluation version of gDebugger but it behaves very strangely on 64-bit WinXP. It looks as if gDebugger is purely 32-bit.

Could you please recommend any tool(s) for debugging OpenGL problems in 32-bit apps on 64-bit Windows XP?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Sergey

Did you try GlIntercept ?
No idea how it behaves with 64 bits however.
http://glintercept.nutty.org/

Yes I did.
It seems to work well, but it can’t help me to find the reason why a 2D texture I’m creating is invalid, even glTexImage2D() call fails.

Do you have a valid opengl context when you call glTexImage2D ?

Yes I have. In fact it’s FTGL who calls glTexImage2D(), I added a call to wglGetCurrentContext() right before the problematic line and it returned a valid handle.
Moreover, this problematic line works well in 99% cases but in 1% it fails :frowning:
I guess I need to see the entire set of OpenGL state vars at the moment of the call to approach the bug. Probably the fact that I’m inside a display list being GL_COMPILE’d might help somehow…but AFAIK glTexImage2D() should work i.e. it should load the image into the active 2D texture.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.