Load and render collada file

I have a collada (.dae) file which contains a model. I want to load and render this model in opengl. I know Collada DOM can do it, but it comes with its own viewer. Is there anything which will just render the model in my display function in opengl.

Is there anything which will just render the model in my display function in opengl.

No, rendering a whole model is quite a complex task OpenGL isn’t meant to achieve.

You have to extract the model data and submit it to OpenGL.

I was able to load a model in my code using the collada dom libraries minus the collada viewer. I added the code from the collada viewer which renders the collada file to my application code and it works ! But I still need to figure out some things as the model seems to move with the eye position.

I would try with openscenegraph.
It have a simple load and show viewer for a lot of format, have a large support community… and of course it use openGL. :slight_smile:

“model seems to move with the eye position”
that should not be the issue with files in general. your rendering code is doing something wrong. you maybe specify identity matrix for your models that is why its moving with your camera.

Removing the camera from collada render function (CrtRender::Render()) solved the problem.