opengl graphs to be drawn

hi everybody,
I am working on borland builder C++ version 5.0. I am trying to use Opengl to draw graphs. The problem is " x axis on the graph represents time in secs and y represents data which is is pumped in by an external device. i need to have a continous scrolling data of secs written as text near the x axis and the graph is plotted in the middle of the opengl window(gltranslate( width/2,height/2,0) of the window).After 100 secs it should delete the index value data of 0 and the graph and text should draw from o to 101 and so on …"

i am not sure as to post it in open gl forum or c++ forum.

Any help would be great. got stuck with this problem for long time.

Regards,
Risha

i dont really understand your problem. clarify in more detail.
i have similar graph thingy where i draw the memory usage and cpu workload as two graphs into the backbuffer with GL_LINES, line by line. it comes out to have sharp edges because lines just connect to other lines. is that what you want?

Thanks for response.I have tried everything but not working at all.
Quoted "i have similar graph thingy where i draw the memory usage and cpu workload as two graphs into the backbuffer with GL_LINES, line by line. it comes out to have sharp edges because lines just connect to other lines. "

nope not exactly but its is graph based application. I will clarify.

In elementary math we know x and y axis. We can plot points and draw lines connecting to it.

Similarily in my case x axis represents from 0 to 90 secs.(always). Y axis represents data which comes to by application as input based on a timer. I am using GL_LINE_STRIP when I finish till 90 secs the graphs draws great. When 90 secs finishes my xaxis becomes 0 again( which i want that way). so according to GL_LINE_STRIP it will connect the 90 value of x axis back to x zero value forming a loop. which i want to break.

I am <u>using vectors </u>for y axis values when y value reaches 90 elements I will delete the first element and append to the last of the vector array. this way my vector size remains at 90 elements always.

glVertex(x array,yarray);using GL_LINE_STRIP

can u Help?

What is unclear is how your x-axis becomes 0 again. That doesn’t make any sense to me. Are you plotting data on a circle, or what?\

Update: I think I understand what you mean. You want your x-axis label to return to 0, but you really want to plot the next 0-90 range in what would logically be the 90-180 range, yes?