View Full Version : are there any OGL 2.1 tutorials available?

10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
i've been doing some searching on the net for some non fixed-pipeline tutorials, but all seem to have the same scheme, they all use the
Begin/End Paradigm.
Does anyone know about a non fixed-pipeline tutorial? to get prepared for when OGL 3 material is released...
Thanks in advance!

Keith Z. Leonard
10-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Are you referring to vertex array examples? Just google for those and you'll find a few from Nehe etc... Probably should read that section of the red book and then read up on vertex buffer objects, as that's more the standard at this point.

10-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Here is a pack of OpenGL code samples using just programmable, VBOS, etc. proper OpenGL 2.1 new stuff. I have to update it for the new extensions that can with OpenGL 3 but that's already not bad.

It works quite well on my computer, someone tall me he has issue but without details ... so if any report them to me!

10-29-2008, 10:35 AM
actually I wasn't just talking about vertex arrays and VBOs, but also about matrices and coordinate transformations, the red book does not explain them using vertex shaders, so I wanted to find a tutorial where they did (without using the matrix stack, projection and ortho).

10-29-2008, 10:59 AM
That a more difficult topic I think.
I could only advise you a good book: