compiling source code from SuperBible

I have tried compiling the first example from the superbible with no success. I’m a coding newbie, can someone help

after adding libc.lib to the ignore list i get these errors:

1>Block.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl m3dMakePlanarShadowMatrix(float * const,float const * const,float const * const)” (?m3dMakePlanarShadowMatrix@@YAXQAMQBM1@Z) referenced in function “void __cdecl RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@@YAXXZ)
1>Block.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl m3dGetPlaneEquation(float * const,float const * const,float const * const,float const * const)” (?m3dGetPlaneEquation@@YAXQAMQBM11@Z) referenced in function “void __cdecl RenderScene(void)” (?RenderScene@@YAXXZ)
1>Block.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “signed char * __cdecl gltLoadTGA(char const *,int *,int *,int *,unsigned int *)” (?gltLoadTGA@@YAPACPBDPAH11PAI@Z) referenced in function “void __cdecl SetupRC(void)” (?SetupRC@@YAXXZ)

what am i doing wrong???

please help

Maybe superbible code depends of external libraries you have to link.

fessen,

I bought the 3rd edition superbible, and the CD that came with it was out of date, and had compile programs on my platform (Macintosh). I went to the website listed in the back and downloaded the example code from there, and had much better luck. If you’re using the code from the CD that came with the book, you might try downloading the versions from their website instead.