Problem with an Example from OpenGL SuperBible

Dear All,

I am a new user of OpenGL. I have recently bought the 4th Edition of “OpenGL SuperBible”. The book is fantastic!

I also downloaded the free code of the book (at: http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/books/SuperBible/)..) However I have a little problem: I tried to compile the project found in Chapter 2 “GLRect” by using Visual C++ 2008 Express. After compiling I get an error “Impossible to find freeglut_static.lib”.

I tried to add this library in the adjuntive dependencies in the Project Properties- Linker-Input Page.

Should I set a path to include special files, like libraries or headers ones?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Andrea

First do you have freeglut installed on your system? Search for freeglut.h and/or glut.h header file and freeglut_static.lib (freeglut*.lib,freeglut*.dll,glut*.lib,glut*.dll) library on your system to find in which directories those are and include the fullpath of the files in the correct place for your project settings.

Thank you!
I fixed the issue with Freeglut. However I got thsi message “Unable to open the header file’…/…/shared/gltools.h’: No such file or directory”.

What does this mean?

Thank you.

Maybe this file is part of a software framework that come with OpenGL SuperBible book. There is a huge source file at the OpenGL SuperBible book web page. Maybe this file contain your missing header.

Hi ,

I solved the problem. One should only ignore the LIBC.lib file. Here is the way:

Just go to “Project Property -> Configuation Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Ignore Specific Library”

Type “LIBC.lib” in the “Ignore Specific Library”.