OpenGl 1.2(Secret of the Solstice)

I downloaded it and when it finished installing it told me something about me needing OpenGL 1.2, or the game will not run properly, but it gave me the option to still continute, so it updates for a long time, and then boots up, then crashes with a error. Please help me!

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition(5.1,Build 2600)
Language: English
Manafacturer:VIAP4X
Memory: 256MB RAM

Then the device…

NVIDIA Vanta/Vanta LT(Microsoft Corporation)
Manafacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: Vanta/Vanta LT
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx total memory: 16.0 MB
Current display mode:1024 x 768(32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor is plug and play

Then the driver

Main Driver:nv4.disp.dll
Version 6.144.0010.5673 (English)
Date: 4/13/08 19:12:02
WHQL Logo’d: Yes
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
VDD: N/A
DDI Version:7

I use Run:dxdiag to get this information. Please help thank you.

You are aware that your computer is 10 years outdated?Your card should support GL up to at least 1.4, the trick would be finding the right driver…

First of all, download this tool and look what it tells you: http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/

P.S. I did a quick search and this driver seems to be the latest one that supports your card: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_71.84.html

But honestly, buy a new computer. You can get a pretty decent PC for about 400$

P.P.S. Your card would be too weak to run that game anyway.

I have the exact same problem, I can’t play Secret of the Solstice because of it. the thing is my computer isn’t old it has ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 and it has Windows Vista on it and I don’t know how to update OpenGl 1.2 to my computer I have OpenGl 1.1. and I’ve looked on every site to update it but it was know good I can’t find any updates. does anyone have any suggestions… my computers like 4 years old.

I have a simular problem my pc is 2.3 years old with xp and it just got virused so I have to reinstall everything but I should have opengl 1.4 I had previrus 2.1 and now I have 1.1.2 and I need 1.2. it is a Intel® 82810gl Graphics, plus the driver from intel is even worse then the one xp put on my system.

I really would like a downloadable opengl or at least a method around the problem.

I am having the same Sots problem where my OpenGL is not working apparently. please help!!
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
System Model: iMac8
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8335 @ 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2028 MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT
Manufacturer: ATTI Technologies Inc.
Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x9583)
DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Current Display Mode: 1680x1050 (32 bit)(60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor.

Main Driver: ati2dvag.dll
Version: 6.14.0010.6764 (English)
Date: 4/15/2008 16:29:18
WHQL Logo’d: Yes
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI Version: Unknown.

You’re using a driver from your PC manufacturer (or that came on your Windows CD) that doesn’t support OpenGL. You need to download the latest driver for your card from ATI.

I’m a bit puzzled about why an Apple is reporting not only that you’re running XP, but also a DirectX version. Are you running XP in a virtual machine?