FBO + multisampling = AMD ATI Catalyst 8.5

OMG! Catalyst 8.5 drivers finally expose the GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample and GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit extensions to provide support for multisample rendering with FBOs. Somebody pinch me because I must be dreaming :smiley:

Yay! Only 5 years after the hardware started supporting that! ducks :slight_smile:

They also added these two:

GL_ARB_half_float_pixel
WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float

What else did they add anything?

Yeeeeeeeeeey, good riddance pbuffers!! :slight_smile:

Now if they would make conditional render, transform feedback and instancing available in the next 6 months I might make do without DX 10 & Vista. :slight_smile:

OGL 3 is just for making things pretty again - I deem exposing advanced features much more important. :wink:

Hopefully we’ll see Mount Evans on the heels of the rumored GL3 release at Siggraph. I imagine once the bulk of the grunt work is done in Longs Peak, Mount Evans should be all downhill, so to speak.

Those drivers 8.5 are just a big new step!

From http://www.geeks3d.com I get the list of all new extensions

• GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator
  • GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
  • GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample
  • GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent
  • WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float
  • GL_EXT_packed_float
  • GL_ARB_half_float_pixel

Other good point, access to texture from vertex shader…

What really interest me is this famious GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator extension. Final an access to the tessellator unit in Radeon chips? Unfortunately the extension isn’t in the registry so how to use it? Is there any specification somewhere?