Overlapped materials and textures

Hi all,

I’ve developed a COLLADA parser. In some .dae files there are overlapping textures and materials. The problem is that my OpenGL renderer doesn’t show the textures but shows the materials. So my drawings are not so nice. OTOH, GoogleEarth shows the same files pretty nice; i.e. it shows textures instead of materials [when they overlap]. So I guess OpenGL should have some parameters to manage such a situation.
Do you know about this problem??

Thanks in advance.

problem is that my OpenGL renderer doesn’t show the textures

Well, handle the textures then, I do not understand ?

The problem is that I cannot filter out textures and materials in .dae files; for some geometry coordinates there are both textures and materials defined in .dae files. So I need to make OpenGL consider textures and not materials when for the same geometry both of them exist.

Texture’s and material’s are applied together, it’s not a case of either/or. For instance, I consider a ‘material’ to be light absorption/reflection properties and textures combined in my renderer (as well as an optional material shader).
Really, if you’re an OpenGL beginner, there’s a specific forum on this site for you.