OpenGL and 3D model viewer problem

I bought my current computer and video card back in May this year. Without the video card, I had everything mostly working (as far as I could tell) except a 3D virtual model viewer called FileViewer. With the video card, FileViewer worked most of the time but another program I use, TrainzObjectExplorer, stopped working. For several months I have tried figuring out what causes it to stop without luck. I have contacted the computer manufacturer, the video card manufacturer, ATI who makes the video card chip, the program creator who cannot be reached, no luck. Recently I discovered Event Viewer a program that lets me see errors including the one generated when I try to run TrainzObjectExplorer. I get the following:

Faulting application ObjectExplorer.exe, version 0.9.92.137, time stamp 0x3e642968, faulting module atioglxx.dll, version 6.14.10.6956, time stamp 0x46fdc07e, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0014f43e, process id 0x440, application start time 0x01c81b01fc310a4a.

I had this with ATI’s Catalyst Control Center version 7.7 and the recent 7.10. When I contacted ATI, they directed me here saying something about getting the latest OpenGL drivers from this site. I’m not up to date on some things computer related so I tried searching but cannot find anything about drivers to obtain. Anyone know what I am supposed to be looking for? Thanks.

Eric

When I contacted ATI, they directed me here saying something about getting the latest OpenGL drivers from this site.

What ?
No. OpenGL is an API, but the driver implementation is done by ATI or Nvidia etc. And in your case the error comes from atioglxx.dll, so that is ATI’s fault.

The program TrainzObjectExplorer seems to be old and no longer maintained, too bad.

If the programs works without card, you can lower the hardware acceleration slider : it is in display control panel, advanced button, troubleshouting tab. Try with it, all the way down.
Don’t forget to put it back in place when you are done with TrainzObjectExplorer :slight_smile:

Unfortunatley the acceleration slider in there appears grayed out. Nothing in Catalyst Control Center appears to deal with that, there’s only 2 settings that deal with OpenGL, Triple Buffering and Force 24-bit Z-buffer depth.