SAMPLER_2D type for glGetActiveUniform on geforce?

on a Geforce Quadro FX3000 with driver version 56.72 and the glsl registry hack, glGetActiveUniform returns following values for samplers:

sampler1D - type: 0x8B5D
sampler2D - type: 0x8B5E
sampler3D - type: 0x8B5F
samplerCube - type: 0x8B60

According to the arb spec it should be GL_INT. So I guess this is also a nvidia “improvement” to standard glsl.
I have read that sampler type tags will be added to the official arb spec. When will that happen, and will it be the same tags as nvidia currently use?
And after reading the Tom's GLSL new demo thread it’s still not quite clear to me how to enforce strict glsl compatibility. Where do I get nvemulate, or are there other possibilites (registry? preprocessor defines?) to enforce glsl compatibility?

And last but not least: when will nvidia officially support glsl in their drivers?

There will be a GLSL update where some minor changes will be done to the specification. One of them will be seperate sampler definitions for uniforms so that these functions don’t return GL_INT. So I think the 56.72 driver has already included that.

AFIAK NVemulate is available to registered developers only.

I think nVidia will officially support GLSL with their ForceWare 60 series drivers. But I don’t know when they will come out.

Originally posted by Corrail:
There will be a GLSL update where some minor changes will be done to the specification. One of them will be seperate sampler definitions for uniforms so that these functions don’t return GL_INT. So I think the 56.72 driver has already included that.

Yeah I know, but I was interested in some hard facts about when and what exactly will be changed :wink:

IIRC version 61.12 exposes GLSL support without using NVemulate.

– Tom

Originally posted by valoh:
Yeah I know, but I was interested in some hard facts about when and what exactly will be changed :wink:
I don’t know! I’m impatiently waiting for any documents or news too! :wink:

IIRC version 61.12 exposes GLSL support without using NVemulate.

Yes, you are correct. But I don’t know if the 61.12 driver will be available for non-developer.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.