FBO problem: FBO can not "capture" scene to GL_RGBA texture?

Hi:

I have a FBO problem !

=====================
Following code can run well

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_Texture[2]);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGB, m_Width, m_Height,0, GL_RGB,GL_FLOAT, 0);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE);

m_fbo.Bind();
m_fbo.AttachTexture(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_Texture[2]);

===============================================
if I change the internformat to GL_RGBA,program can not run ,and error message is
“glift::CheckFramebufferStatus() ERROR:
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_FORMATS_EXT” ,It is mean FBO can not “capture” scene to GL_RGBA texture? I want to confirm it ,If it’s true, have any others way to do it ? I need to save alpha to next step?

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_Texture[2]);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP);
glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA, m_Width, m_Height,0, GL_RGBA,GL_FLOAT, 0);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_REPLACE);

m_fbo.Bind();
m_fbo.AttachTexture(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_Texture[2]);

Are you using more than one attachment? The specification describes condition whose failure will cause this error as:

All images attached to the attachment points COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT through COLOR_ATTACHMENTn_EXT must have the same internal format.

I’m using FBO with RGBA - no problems.
Try changing your texture format to GL_RGBA8, GL_RGB_FLOAT16 or so - perhaps when you specify just GL_RGB it’s stored as 16-bit texture (default texture quality). Specifying exact quality should guarantee that texture will be stored in this format if it’s supported by HW.

I’ve had problems in the past attaching some combinations of texture formats and filtering methods with certain drivers. You might consider trying it with different drivers.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.