HLSL -> GLSLang guide?

I’ve not come across anything out on the general 'net about converting between the two shader languages. Considering that a good chunk of the demos and books currently use either Cg or HLSL, most of my current work involves porting those demoes across to GLSLang.

I’m particularly interested in the “gotcha’s” side of things. That is, I can handle coordinate system conversions and the like simply, but stuff like assumed state coming into the shader or between VP and FP sections etc would be particularly handy to me. I’m not exactly proficient in HLSL (or D3D for that matter), so I’m mostly working with a Monkey See, Monkey Do type of conversion process right now.

TIA

Originally posted by Justin Couch:
[b]I’ve not come across anything out on the general 'net about converting between the two shader languages. Considering that a good chunk of the demos and books currently use either Cg or HLSL, most of my current work involves porting those demoes across to GLSLang.

I’m particularly interested in the “gotcha’s” side of things.[/b]
Shameless plug.

My GDC2004 presentation had some “gotcha’s” of porting from RenderMan, HLSL, ARB_vertex_program and ARB_fragment_program. Not as extensive as I would have liked. Slides 85-100 or so, or about an hour in. Both a PDF and video are available on the ATI developer website.

-mr. bill

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.