Hmm...it isn't reading materials

Well, on my ATI FireGL card, it is reading materials properly, and on my GeForce FX Go5650, on the exact same shader, it isn’t. I’m sure its the exact same code! I suspect that the shader isn’t at fault, and it is the driver, but, well, I don’t know!

I’d appreciate any help you could give me. I’m posting the shader at the bottom of this message. Just to be complete, I’ll say a bit more first.

Each mesh has its own material, which is set to front and back before rendering it. Basically, my program lets you switch between having the shader on and off, when it is off, it uses “regular” opengl shading/lighting.

It appears to be using one of the materials (the first one in the frame), but, if I try and interactivly change even that one, the shader doesn’t seem to respond (of course, EVERYTHING works on the ATI card). Here’s the shader:

Wait, it won’t let me post it because of something about html tags and parenthesis, whatever that means. Here is the part of the shader that deals with materials:

vec4 AmbientColor = gl_FrontMaterial.ambient;
vec4 DiffuseColor = gl_FrontMaterial.diffuse;
vec4 SpecularColor = gl_FrontMaterial.specular;

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.