GL 2.0 GLSL

I was converting to the GL 2.0 functions. I though that it was suppose to be like the functions for textures, VBOs and FBOs.

There is no glGenPrograms, no glGenShaders, no glDeletePrograms, glDeleteShaders.

There is glDeleteProgram and glDeleteShader.

Howcome?

BTW, the GL 2.0 spec was explaining things very well but I must have missed this part.

glCreateShader;
glCreateProgram;
glLinkProgram;
etc…

are the ones I suppose. I just converted my functions too, but I can’t verify right now, although everything fits fine.

wizzo

goto the nvidia devleoper website they had a pdf with the new driver support, one of the things they list is what shader functions have been renamed changed in the transition from ARB->2.0.

IMHO the 2.0 version is far better than the ARB version

Yes, I converted my code and it works fine with the GL 2.0 functions, so I did make use of glCreateShader, glCreateProgram, glLinkProgram, etc.

Just wondering why some functions are missing. Why was it decided on this.

Here's why

I’m glad that it wasn’t changed much.
I forgot to mention that the thing that is confusing is that they are using the words program and shader in this version. Instead of program, I would havew called it a shader set or shader group.

I forgot to mention that the thing that is confusing is that they are using the words program and shader in this version.
The ARB version did the same thing. glslang has always used the terms shader and program. Shaders are like compiled object files, while programs are like executables.

Yea, you’re right. I’ve been using my wrapper class too long. Anyways, it’s good enough to work with.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.