Mac support of GLSL?

Are there any current OS X drivers implementing GLSL (from any card vendor)?

Heh, I managed to typo “HLSL” twice. I’m asking about availability of HLSL implementations, whether Cg or glslang or custom, on OS X.

Some mod should probably move this to the Mac forum…

Apple is apparently waiting on the vendors for ARB_shading_language implementations.

ARB_vertex_program and ARB_fragment_program code produced by Cg should work fine on Mac OS X; whether you can get Cg to work is a different question. Try the NVidia Linux SDK – last I checked it had some code conditionalized for the Mac.

In my experience:

arb_vertex / fragment code produced by Cg works fine on OSX. A simple parse of Cg generated file gives you the needed register indexes for passing values.

trying to use any of linux-Cg stuff on Mac is a dead-end. With the possible exception of cgc… but why bother.

The new Cg 1.2 release supports MacOS X: http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html

We will have full GLSL support shortly.

-S.

Originally posted by vmh5:
[b]In my experience:

arb_vertex / fragment code produced by Cg works fine on OSX. A simple parse of Cg generated file gives you the needed register indexes for passing values.

trying to use any of linux-Cg stuff on Mac is a dead-end. With the possible exception of cgc… but why bother.[/b]

Has any more information been released about GLSL on Apple?

10.3.4 exposes the ARB_shader_objects, ARB_vertex_shader and ARB_fragment_shader extensions, but not ARB_shading_language_100. So, obviously work is being done, but it’s not ready yet.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.