Disable glsl nvidia extensions under linux

Hi

How can I disable the nvidia extensions in the shaders? #extension all : disable isn’t working. NVemulate is a windows so it isn’t working under linux. Is there no chance to disable all this annoying nvidia extensions to write easily portable code?

thanks and regards

marco

That is a good question. I ran into this on windows. Even by using their manual disabling method, their compiler was still more “lax” than the ATI one. I ended up having to install an ATI card and test that way. At GDC, I actually got somewhat irritated and told their guys about this one, so hopefully they’ll make their stuff do strict type-checking. All of that auto-type-casting and non-square matrices are definitely not part of the GLSL spec! :frowning:

Not sure if it helps, but 3D Labs has GLSLvalidate and GLSLparserTest that check strict conformance to the spec :
http://developer.3dlabs.com/downloads/index.htm

I use these tools for a long time, and it’s the only way to make portable code. I have no problems until I run every shader thougth Validate tool. If you develop under linux or something else, you have to make your own validate tool( fortunately 3Dlabs provide their compiler(validater) with source).

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.