Question about HLSL

I understand that shading language has offered the great flexibility to the program. However, for some vertexes I need such flexibility, while for other vertexes the fixed functionality is fine.

My question is in the vertex/fragment shader, how do I differentiate between the vertexes/fragments that needs some special treatment and ones that fixed functionality functions is fine. It seems that all vertex/fragment undergo the same way.

Thanks

In the topic title, you probably meant GLSL, not HLSL. I don’t believe anybody would want to discuss DirectX on an OpenGL forum.

About your question - if you need shaders for one object and not for the other, you simply enable/disable shaders (e.g. by using glUseProgram) accordingly. Otherwise, I suppose you could write a shader that accepts some vertex attribute and either does it’s thing or simulates the fixed functionality, depending on the attribute value.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.