Sampler = GL_INVALID_OPERATION on Radeon

Is it possible to write shader with sampler that doesn’t report GL_INVALID_OPERATION on Radeon?

This is the simplest demo of sampler in shader I can write, it renders one red triangle where red is readen from 1x1 texture.
Maybe it’s my fault, but I can’t find any error here.

Anyone from AMD/ATI hear me? I reported this error and asked for response, but no one responded.
(Catalyst 6.12, Windows XP, Radeon X1600)

GL Intercept Log. Version : 0.5 Compile Date: Dec 3 2005 Run on: Sat Jan 06 18:42:47 2007

===================================================
GL ERROR - Function glEnd() generated error GL_INVALID_OPERATION

and:

//== PROGRAM LINK STATUS = TRUE
//== PROGRAM VALIDATE STATUS = TRUE
/== INFO LOG ==
Link successful. The GLSL fragment shader will run in hardware. Validation successful. == INFO LOG END ==
/

//======================================================
// Program uniforms (at render call)
// map = -1163005939

// Fragment Shader 536870913

//== SHADER COMPILE STATUS = TRUE
uniform sampler2D map;
void main()
{
gl_FragColor = texture2D(map, vec2(0.0,0.0));
}

One thing you can try is to insert calls to glGetError() into your program and run the program without the glIntercept. It is possible that the error is provoked by something done by the glIntercept during the glEnd call.

Good test…still generates the same error.
I validated program also without GLintercept, getting the same results.

Originally posted by Komat:
One thing you can try is to insert calls to glGetError() into your program and run the program without the glIntercept. It is possible that the error is provoked by something done by the glIntercept during the glEnd call.
Yes that can happen. If you are dumping the uniform values, ATI drivers have a habit of generating GL errors when getting the values of samplers. (may be fixed now)

As to what is going wrong, no idea. If you can’t sort it out, I might throw in my ATI card and have a try.

sqrt[-1], I think it’s a driver bug, further effort would be useless. I tried 3Dlabs GLSL demo and the same error appears after first texture lookup.

I found several contact/bugreporting forms or emails on AMD site, but total feedback was one automatic reply. Problem remains with Catalyst 7-1.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.