OrangeBook Example Textures

Hi @all,
does anybody know where I can download the textures for the BRDF example of the book OpenGL Shading Language by Randi Rost (Orange Book) Chapter 10.5 “Polynomial Texture Mapping with BRDF” or any other textures, that I could use with this tutorial?
Thanx in advance.
Chao
jlukas

I think you can download the examples from 3DLabs website http://developer.3dlabs.com/openGL2/downloads/index.htm

Download de SDK

Hope this helps

Hi cab,
the problem is that I can´t find the SDK. The download site only contains a demo, two example applications, a parser and stuff like that, but I can´t see anything that looks like a SDK. Am I blind? :confused:
Thanx
jlukas

PS: Sorry for answering so late.

Originally posted by jlukas:
Hi cab,
the problem is that I can´t find the SDK. The download site only contains a demo, two example applications, a parser and stuff like that, but I can´t see anything that looks like a SDK. Am I blind? :confused:

No, you are not blind. The SDK was in this page the other day but today it is not.
Anyway, you can try the first download in that page (OpenGL Shading Language Demo). As it says, it includes “…and many of the shaders from the OpenGL Shading Language book”

Hope this helps.

Your best bet is to download the PTM materials from the HP web site at http://www.hpl.hp.com/research/ptm/.

We worked on this shader demo with HP for SIGGRAPH 2002. While we can provide you with the source to the shaders themselves, HP did not provide us with the source code for the application. HP has not updated the demo as GLSL and its supporting API have evolved, therefore we have not been making this shader example available.

We would be interested in supporting an effort to recreate this functionality in an open source fashion. We’d be happy to make a PTM demo example available through our web site. It is very cool stuff!

There are a few examples at 3dshaders . Not the one you’re looking for, but maybe some of the others might be useful.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.