Maybe bug?

Hi,
if i call glGetObjectParameterivARB(ShaderObject,GL_OBJECT_ACTIVE_UNIFORMS_ARB,&param) in param i have the number of uniform parameters. THe problem is that on a Geforce4 with shaders emulated i obtain the right number, on ati 9700 with win2000 (last catalyst) i obtain the number plus one. Someone knows about this problem?

i’ve found that with ati cards i have uniform plus gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix in output, with nvidia cards only uniforms instead…this is frustating…

I’ve seen more frustrating things than that :rolleyes: :wink:

i’ve found that ati returns all uniform, even built-in uniform that are used the shader
(gl_ModelView,gl_TextureMatrix,ecc…), nvidia only user defined uniform…

The correct behaviour is to return all active uniforms including the built-in ones.
If you suspect a driver bug, have you tried newer drivers? The current one is 77.72.

Originally posted by Relic:
The correct behaviour is to return all active uniforms including the built-in ones.
If you suspect a driver bug, have you tried newer drivers? The current one is 77.72.

The orange book says built-ins can be included they don’t must. GLspec 2.0 says the same. In the linux nvidia drivers they are included. Maybe you should use a newer driver?

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.