GLUT compiling error on Borland C++ 5.02

I have tried to configure Borland c++ 5.02 for GLUT/OpenGL. I use Windows 2000 pro OS. As I try to compile I get the warning message
“GLUT.H (486,22): Cannot create pre-compiled header: code in header” and the error message “test.cpp (245,19): Call to undefined function ‘glBindTexture’”. Are these messages related, and do anyone have any idea on how to solve the problem?

The problem is that the Win32 gl.h header included with your BC5 distribution predates the OpenGL 1.1 spec, when glBindTexture() was added. (I came across similar problem when using Watcom 10 distribution.)

You need to get ahold of the latest gl.h header, (possibly from a VC distribution), or see if there is a Borland tool to generate the list of exported functions from the opengl32.dll included with your Windows system.

Has this problem ever been fixed? I’m trying to get OpenGL v3.7.6 to run on my Borland C++ 5.02 compiler. I’m on the WindowsME operating system.

When trying to compile code that references the glut.h header file I get the (GLUT.H (486,51): Cannot create pre-compiled header: code in header) message as well as a (C:\BC5\LIB\GLUT32.LIB contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21) message.

[This message has been edited by JohnW (edited 10-08-2003).]