Dynamic menus on GLUT

Hi ! all

Here is my problem, i have different objects on scene (disks, triangles, rectangles, …), each has different properties, and i want to click on one of the objects, and build a glut menu with the properties of the object clicked, and show the popup menu.
I, already, detect wich object was clicked so i need to know how to create the popup menu and show it.

I think it can be done, because GLOW does it, i tried to follow GLOW’s code but i couldn’t find it quit well.

Any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by Hec:
[b] Hi ! all

Here is my problem, i have different objects on scene (disks, triangles, rectangles, …), each has different properties, and i want to click on one of the objects, and build a glut menu with the properties of the object clicked, and show the popup menu.
I, already, detect wich object was clicked so i need to know how to create the popup menu and show it.

I think it can be done, because GLOW does it, i tried to follow GLOW’s code but i couldn’t find it quit well.

Any help would be appreciated[/b]

You can use the GLUT menu commands to
create mutliple menus and then swap them
out via glutAttachMenu.

Here’s the api from the glut header:
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutDestroyMenu(int menu);
GLUTAPI int APIENTRY glutGetMenu(void);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutSetMenu(int menu);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutAddMenuEntry(const char *label, int value);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutAddSubMenu(const char *label, int submenu);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutChangeToMenuEntry(int item, const char *label, int value);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutChangeToSubMenu(int item, const char *label, int submenu);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutRemoveMenuItem(int item);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutAttachMenu(int button);
GLUTAPI void APIENTRY glutDetachMenu(int button);

There are docs around for GLUT as well.
Try searching Google.
Regards,
JIm

[This message has been edited by jmathies (edited 06-07-2002).]