Problems running GLUT src examples in DEVcpp/mingw

I just installed devcpp for the first time and it looks great. I algo installed the newest version of OpenGL (2.0) and the newest stable version of GLUT (4.0)

when i compile the GLUT examples, i get a bunch of stuff like this

\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x17):shape_~1.c: undefined reference to __glutInitWithExit' c:\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x33):shape_~1.c: undefined reference toglutCreateWindowWithExit’
c:\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x57):shape
~1.c: undefined reference to __glutCreateMenuWithExit' c:\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x122):shape_~1.c: undefined reference toimp__glPushMatrix’
c:\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x151):shape
~1.c: undefined reference to _imp__glScalef' c:\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x166):shape_~1.c: undefined reference toglutWireSphere’
c:\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x16f):shape
~1.c: undefined reference to _imp__glPopMatrix' c:\windows\TEMP\ccF87wfb.o(.text+0x182):shape_~1.c: undefined reference to_imp__glPushMatrix’

I am a newbie, but i think that is a good indication that I am not installing somthing right…

oh yeah, and the project options menu dosent seem to open when I open one of these GLUT example projects. I am assuming the nessicary libs are already defined in the project file ???

Hi,

I have had similar problems. Here are my notes and fix using Dev-C++ compiler.

Ensure glut32.dll is in same folder and
at this above include files
#define GLUT_DISABLE_ATEXIT_HACK

undefined reference to __glutInitWithExit@12' undefined reference to__glutCreateWindowWithExit@8’
undefined reference to `__glutCreateMenuWithExit@8’

Regards,
ChuckB